Saturday, March 5, 2011

Why I Do What I Do

I first met Mac when he came into the last store I managed about 1 year ago. He was very impressed with my Woven Bezel and Gem Pieces, and continued to come back every couple of days. Finally, he asked   whether I would be willing to wrap a Stone he brought in.  "Of course."  What else could I say...LOL

And then he disappeared, I hadn't seen him since. Oh well, I work in Retail. I  KNOW.  Everyone-including ourselves-has said at one point or another "I'll be back" and never return.

Then all of a sudden last week, out of the blue, an email arrived asking the same questions again.

Again, "I can do it for you, bring it up to the New Space". Gave him the address and Hoped he would follow through.  He showed up today with a Very Pretty Aquamarine Cabochon to be wrapped as his Girlfriend's Birthday Gift.

I walked him around the entire 250 sq ft of my Store. Showed him his options within his price range. "Do whatever you like. I trust your Taste and Judgement".
He left completely confident in his choice of Me.

Now the pressure-actually as soon as I saw the Stone I KNEW exactly what I wanted to do-and I was allowed to do it.

Fine Silver Link Bracelet with Aquamarine Charm

No comments:

Post a Comment