Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Some Things are More Important than Money

Today was my Niece's 9th birthday.  She is having a Roller Skating Birthday on Saturday afternoon. Good Times.  I wish that I could go, but Saturdays at the Store are just potentially too busy. Being so newly open I cannot go and not Open the doors on a Saturday.  I need to create some sense of predictability and normalcy.

That being said, I also want-No Need-to Celebrate these Events.  There is so much Negativity in the World these days.  Shootings in the Streets.  Drugs in the Schools.  People beating each other because they are different.

It is just too much-too Depressing.

So I closed the store early to go to have cake and ice cream with her and the rest of the Family. We did not stay long.  Really only long enough to give Her her gift, have a quick piece of cake and get a HUGE Hug.

But seeing Her Smile when we walked into the door, was Worth more than any Sales that may have happened in that last hour and a half of business.

I will let Her have her Day with her Friends Saturday. I had my evening with Her Today...AND THAT IS WORTH MORE THAN ANYTHING I CAN IMAGINE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment