Friday, October 25, 2013

Diamonds From Outer Space

Black Diamonds-or “Carbonado” Diamonds-are some of my Favorites.
I do LOVE a colored Gemstone, and fancy colored Diamonds are right up there.
BUT there is something extra special about Black Diamonds.
I had never thought about it before until I happened upon this article about Diamonds that came from Outer Space...

The Spirit of de Grisogono
Conventional Diamonds, as we all know, are formed over millions of years with intense heat and pressure deep within the Earth. Brought to the surface by volcanic eruptions, Diamonds are found all over the Earth-BUT not Black Diamonds. They are found in Central Africa and Brazil only-in non volcanic regions.

What? How?
Carbonados, being such an anomaly, had to be tested. Scientists found that they are hydrogen rich. Suggesting that they were formed in Outer Space, and deposited on Earth up to 4 Billion years ago-at a time before Pangea broke apart. That would explain how Carbonados are found in 2 areas that are not volcanic.

Black Diamonds are among the MOST RARE of Diamonds...This may explain why I am SO attracted to them. I cannot wait to get one for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment