Wednesday, June 29, 2011

RUBIES-The King of Gems

As June winds down, July ramps up and I find myself with a busy weekend ahead, I figured I had better Blog July’s Birthstone a couple days early...

For 4500 years this Red Gemstone has attracted Royalty, Religion and Regular People.

Ancient Peoples thought that the Gods had created Rubies and were so awed but their beauty, they had to create Man so their accomplishments could be admired...And I thought I was proud of my work.

Since then Mankind has been fascinated by Rubies.
                    
Another Myth has Rubies containing a drop of Blood from the Heart of Mother Earth, an Internal Flame that just could not be extinguished.

Perhaps this is why many couples chose a Ruby for their engagement Ring? Well, the Inextinguishable Flame and the promise of  Everlasting Love that a Ruby is supposed to bring.

While not one of my Favorite Gemstones, there is no denying that Rubies have an allure that cannot be duplicated by any other Stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment