Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Solstice

Yesterday was the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year, and the First day of Summer.

Here in Pittsburgh it was almost 90 degrees and Humid. It reminded me of an August that I sent in Mexico, but luckily then I had the Ocean and Pools to keep me cool...And a lot of shopping for Gems. I picked up a lot of stones while I was there, and fell in love with BIG Stones and the Designs that incorporated them.

Smokey Quartz, Citrine, Amethyst...I could keep going on and on. But the one stone that, when I look at, takes me back to that time is a Mexican Fire Opal. I did not but any while I was there as they were already set and just outside of my price range. AND I was not making Jewelry seriously at that time, only collecting Sparkly Bits of Gorgeous.

8x10mm Mexican Fire Opal in Twisted FineSilver...Ring sz 11
Completely untreated by man-other than cut and polished-Mexican Fire Opals remind me of that Perfect Summer Day. Hot.  Sun Blazing so bright that if you look at it too long you know you will be in trouble, yet you cannot stop looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment