Friday, April 29, 2011

My Biggest Fear

So if you were to ask any of my Friends or Family what my biggest Fear was, they would undoubtedly, unanimously and very quickly say, "SNAKES"-creeps me out a little just typing the word...SHIVER

And while it is true that I am afraid of snakes-PETRIFIED of snakes-there is one thing that can paralyze me even more...FEAR OF NOT BEING PERFECT.

It has kept me from trying many things in the past.
It has even made me doubt my Talent in Jewelry Design.

Well, No More.

I faced those Fears head on.  I started slowly with tables at Art Markets, displaying at any small store that would carry my Jewelry. And most recently, as you have been following-I hope-the opening of DeAndreaDesigns in Pittsburgh, PA.

The Grand Opening Celebration was 2 weeks ago. I think that I have fully recovered from the Excitement.  After seeing the support from my Friends, Family and Strangers even, I cannot deny the fact that I am on the Right Path.

I know I cannot be PERFECT, not even perfect. I am learning I don't even want to be. Who would?

Perfect. Predictable. Boring.

So maybe my Family and Friends are right. SNAKES ARE my biggest fear-not facing that one head on AT ALL.

1 comment:

  1. I sent this to my mom and she was so moved. She loves your work (and is so glad to have met you, finally!) and is so happy that you are doing what you love. Follow your dreams! xx

    Alli

    ReplyDelete