Friday, November 25, 2011

Merry Christmas? Happy Holidays?

I am going to start with saying, I was brought up-and still consider myself Catholic. I have no problems with saying “Merry Christmas”.
I was brought up saying “Merry Christmas” to most and “Happy Hanukah” to those I knew to be Jewish. Only one person that I remember had an issue with “Merry Christmas”.


Happy Holidays from DeAndreaDesigns
That being said, I now say, “Happy Holidays” to most people.
BUT I will take my cue from you...If you say, “Merry Christmas” so will I.
If you say, “Happy Holidays” that is what I will respond with.
NOT because I am worried about offending someone, but because I want to encompass the ENTIRE Holiday Season.


From Halloween, to Valentine’s Day-or pushing it through to St. Patrick’s Day, and everything in between no matter what religious affiliation you are-or are not.

I Love this time of year. Not only because of the Birth of Jesus-and yes I know that with the Study of the Stars, Jesus was born in Summer-but the essence of Good Will and Celebration that permeates this time of year.
Also because the weather is changing so that I can break out my favorite sweaters, boots, and coats...
Everything is so Sparkly-the lights, the frost, the snowflakes...
People seem to remember to be pleasant to one another-whether it is genuine or not? I don’t care. It is still nice.

The Holiday Season seems to bring out the Best in most people.

So if I see you on the Street and tell you “Have a Happy Holiday” please do not be offended-or think I am too PC...I just want you to enjoy the Season completely.

From the start of this Season until the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment