Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I Cannot Sleep-Not Always A Bad Thing

Monday Morning...4:47AM to be exact, and I cannot sleep.

There is an idea formulating in my head utilizing the latest wrapping technique-that I am LOVING-and incorporating it into a ring.  I have been thinking about it for about a week now, but the specifics are just starting to come through.
7ct BlueTopaz and Twisted FineSilver
I am not the type of Artist/Designer that can sketch out my designs whenever they come to me and then revisit at a later date.

It is a case of use it or lose it.

I have tried sketching designs for myself that come in the middle of the night.  
I used to have a “Dream Diary” that I would record-or try to record-ideas and sketches in. It did not work. In the morning it all looked like a mass of meaningless squiggles.
Or, I would have gone to the Studio/spare bedroom to work it out, but since I have opened the DeAndeaDesigns and moved all my supplies there, that is not an option.
I have to try to keep the idea fresh in my head until I can get to the Store to experiment. Even then it is not a guarantee, as I cannot force a Design until it is ready.

NOPE. Sketching Jewelry Design Ideas does not work for me.

In some ways it is like giving birth without the weight gain, swollen ankles, or LaborPains...There are sometimes weird cravings, though. AND sleeplessness until it is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment