Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It Is Coming Along

I LOVE my hometown of Pittsburgh, and I am so glad that I have chosen to return from Seattle to open DeAndreaDesigns here.  That does not mean that I don’t miss certain things about Seattle-just like when I was there, I missed things about living here.

Future/New Home of DeAndreaDesigns
If there is one thing that I miss more than anything about living in Seattle-other than the weather-is living above a store front.  I know that sounds strange, but there was something Old-World, and Comforting about it.
I had not realized just how much I missed the idea until the opportunity for a live/work space presented itself.  Not only will my Studio Space be in my Home again, but I will be living above my Storefront...MY Storefront
Everyday it gets a little closer to being complete.I have been waiting since August, due to tie ups with permits and approvals. Changes in the design have not been easy to accept-somedays I was ready to just say “UGH” and throw my hands in the air and run away-maybe my old apt would still be available in Seattle?
But now that the space is in the process of being framed in, drywalled and painted, I can finally allow myself to accept that it WILL happen. AND SOON.
Dare I hope that it will all be complete and moved into within the month???
I would LOVE to celebrate my One Year Anniversary with a Party in the new space.
That is just me dreaming, but it would be nice.
Regardless, there will be a Celebration next month...AND one in the New Location.

Another benefit to living above the Store is that my commute to and from work-both the restaurant and the store will be cut by about 15 min each way.  That translates to about an extra hour a day to get stuff done...Gym. Cleaning. Sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment