Sunday, July 17, 2011

Doing Exactly What I Never Realized I Wanted To

So any of you that have opened a new business know that you have NEVER worked harder for any other boss in your life.  I keep joking with my Friends that I "have to ask the Boss, he can be really Strict”, or “My Boss is a real stickler for the details”....

They have no idea that I REALLY AM.

We make jokes about trying to placate the Boss, Bribe him with this or that. And, yes, if you have been reading along on this adventure of mine, you know that I have enjoyed the Freedom of being in charge, but that I have also had to get used to not answering to anyone. I keep expecting someone to tap me on the shoulder when I am not busy.

I have had Friends come by with bottles of wine on Friday Evenings before closing, and we would open it right then and there.

I have closed the Store to go have lunch with Friends, and gotten carried away with talking that I completely forget what time it is.

BUT on the flip side. I am awake until all hours of the night trying to think of new ideas for the Store-I don’t force the Creative Part, that comes when it comes-always thinking of new ways of promoting the Store, and how to maximize the promoting I have already started.

On top of that, I have just started a PT job that is going to help free up a little bit of money for more supplies, AND the next step of DeAndreaDesigns.


Private Parties-in house or traveling, Jewelry Brunches, Something for the guys to make it easier for Holiday Shopping...FaceBook, Twitter, Online Stores, Website, Blogging, Meeting the Neighbors, Pairing with other local Businesses...AND the list goes on and on.


I have no idea when I am going actually have any down time, but you know what?

I am LOVING everything that I am doing right now.

I would not change any of it.

I am doing exactly what I never realized I wanted...Until I started doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment