Thursday, August 30, 2018

Finding Balance...Part??

I was just looking over some of my past musings.
I CANNOT believe that I have not written or posted anything in the last 3 years.
A LOT has changed in that period of time.
I have since closed the Store/Studio. I accepted a position with Godiva that I LOVED-they have since closed my store. I found that I liked having Health Insurance AND a steady paycheck, so I am found another Retail Management position.
I got married.
We adopted two puppies-LARGE dogs now.
We bought a house and moved to Suburbia.
A little after my last posting I suffered a concussion that left me unable to focus on any kind of close detail work. When I did try to work on anything, I would end up with a migraine that could last for hours-OR DAYS.
2 and a half years with NO creative outlet-except for merchandising the store-has left me feeling more than a little lost.
Thankfully, a few months ago, my Cousin’s FiancĂ© asked if I could make a bracelet for the Wedding. I said, “YES”, without realizing whether I would be able to do it-AND not suffer the impending migraine...I not only did not get the headache, but I ENJOYED it.
I have since been tinkering with past designs-some are still VERY difficult to do. BUT, I am finding that a little bigger and bolder designs work well for me ow. Most importantly, I am finding that I NEED to work FOR ME again.
I NEED that creative outlet.
I have not only been working with past designs, I have been tweaking them so they work better.
AND I HAVE BEEN PLAYING WITH NEW DESIGNS.
Some of Y’all may have noticed that I incorporated a bit of braiding into my necklaces...Well, .999 FineSilver wire braids just as nicely. Maybe even better.
Some newer designs have been born. Some older designs have been reinvented.
At this point in the whole process, I am only promising that I WILL continue to Design. Enough to build up an inventory capable of doing shows? Or reopening? That is to be determined.
I do KNOW that I WILL continue to Design.

1 comment:

  1. this blesses my heart!
    Sorry you went through the concussion. Happy to hear you are better <3
    & so HAPPY you are back doing what you love!
    I've been keeping an eye on you (yes a bit of a stalker, in a good way)
    I love you little family & beautiful home!
    Looking forward to your creations! XOXO

    ReplyDelete